The company offers a variety of loans, from first-time business loans to lending to cover equipment costs. National Funding also provides loans for businesses with bad credit scores and the National Funding Edge Credit Card.
We know that many customers turn to National Funding reviews to discover how trustworthy the company is and how it works, so that’s precisely what we’ve looked at in this review. We cover everything from what National Funding loans are, to how you can apply for one.
What Are National Funding Loans?
National Funding small business loans range from $5,000 to $50,000. Business can use them to cover the costs of anything from inventory and marketing, to payroll and taxes. Repayments can be made either daily or weekly. National Funding also provides equipment financing and leasing, meaning that companies can finance up to $150,000 worth of new or used equipment.
National Funding aims to provide businesses with financial flexibility through a fast, personalized service. Their small business loans can help businesses to maintain their independence, grow, have cash available, cover capital expenditure, pay bills, protect personal finances, and more.
Additional business solutions from National Funding include merchant cash advance and credit card processing services.
National Funding small business loans span a range of sectors, including beauty and wellness, construction, commercial mortgage, retail, agriculture, the restaurant industry, and many more. Dedicated loan specialists take the time to understand the needs of the business and guide customers to the best lending options to suit their individual needs.
How Does National Funding Work?
National Funding prides itself on the ease with which customers can apply for its small business loans, and the short timescale in which they can receive funding. These factors are highlighted in any number of National Funding reviews.
Overall, National Funding aims to empower small businesses. The company positions itself as a trusted partner and certainly seems to deliver on this front. We scoured National Funding reviews on Trustpilot, the Better Business Bureau and a range of other sites, and the large majority were overwhelmingly positive.
Unlike most banks and many traditional lines of credit, National Funding delivers in six key areas: high approval rates, fast funding time, minimal paperwork, early payoff discounts, no requirement for a perfect credit rate, and renewable sources of capital.
National Funding loans are fast and responsive, designed to meet small business owners’ needs quickly. The idea is that, by taking out National Funding financing, businesses can turn their vision into reality - without the reams of paperwork and weeks of waiting associated with borrowing from banks and other traditional business lenders.
How Can I Qualify for National Funding?
Customers looking to borrow from National Funding will need to provide three months’ worth of business bank statements and will need to be generating $100,000 or more in revenue per year.
One theme of National Funding financing reviews is the company’s welcoming approach to business borrowers with less-than-perfect credit ratings. Instead of making decisions based on a company’s credit score alone, National Funding looks at the business as a whole and at its potential. The company’s loan specialists have a keen understanding of the ins and outs of running a small business, so they can work successfully with potential borrowers to identify a range of possible lending solutions. This applies even if the borrower in question has been turned down by their bank or another lender due to their poor credit score.
Advantages and Disadvantages of National Funding Business Loan
One of the most important aspects of National Funding reviews is the way that they highlight the advantages and disadvantages of borrowing from this provider – something which We wanted to make abundantly clear.
- Easy application process – so simple that it can be done from a mobile phone.
- Fast funding decisions – no more having to wait weeks for approval.
- Funding in as little as 24 hours from approval – ideal for businesses that are keen to put their loans to good use straight away.
- Loans available to companies with bad credit rates – this means that businesses with poor credit scores can not only borrow money, but also have the chance to build their credit rate back up.
- Commitment to a partnership approach – loan specialists feel like helpful guides, rather than salespeople.
- Personalized approach – staff take the time to understand the needs of each individual business customer.
- Lack of easily available information on interest rates – some National Funding reviews report that borrowing costs range from 10-30%, along with a 1% origination fee. However, there is a lack of clear information available on this on the National Funding website.
- Repayment structure – some borrowers report finding the system of daily repayments burdensome.
- Slow response times – a minority of customers report frustration in terms of response times when they are waiting to hear back from National Funding.
How Do I Apply?
The process of applying for National Funding loans is a simple one:
- Visit the National Funding website and click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Enter your name, email address, telephone number, and business name. Click ‘Next.’
- Enter your business address, the length of time you’ve been in business, and your annual gross sales. Click ‘Submit.’
- Complete the digital loan pre-qualification form. This asks for your home address, mobile phone number, social security number, and date of birth. Click ‘Next.’
- Tick to agree to the terms and conditions and e-sign your form. Click to sign.
- Upload three months’ worth of business bank statements.
- Wait to hear from your dedicated loan specialist, who will discuss your application.
- Receive a decision in as little as 24 hours.
As well as applying through the National Funding website, you also have the option to call or email your loan specialist. A box on the righthand side of your screen provides a telephone number and an email link. However, at the time of writing, clicking the link generated an email popup with an invalid address format (applynationalfunding.com).
Documents Needed to Apply
To apply for a National Funding loan, you will need to provide three months’ worth of bank statements.
In addition, you will need to know the amount of your company’s annual gross sales, the time you’ve been in business, the company’s (and your own) contact details, and your social security number. No proof of these is requested during the digital application process, so you don’t need to provide documentary evidence – just the details themselves.
These minimal documentation requirements are a cornerstone of the National Funding offering – the company highlights its quick and easy application process as one of its key features.
National Funding Loans for Bad Credit
National Funding small business loans are available to a wide range of businesses, including those with low FICO scores. The working capital loans feature a quick and easy application process, fast response times, and fixed daily or weekly payments. National Funding approves some applications with FICO scores as low as 500 for direct loan borrowers. For some renewals, the company can accept applications with scores as low as 475.
There is a distinct lack of transparency about National Funding interest rates on the company’s website. Those applying for loans for bad credit businesses should satisfy themselves thoroughly on what the applicable rates are before committing to borrow.
National Funding presents itself as a partner to small businesses, with loan specialists who offer personalized guidance. It cites its extensive experience and understanding of individual business as key selling points. When it comes to National Funding customer service, many borrowers report being extremely happy with the friendly, efficient and professional staff with whom they deal.
Some borrowers and would-be borrowers report a less-positive customer service experience, however, with some National Funding reviews mentioning a lack of responsiveness and having to ‘jump through hoops’ as part of the application process. While these reviews are in the minority, they are, nonetheless, worth bearing in mind.
When undertaking this National Funding business loans review, our goal was to look at the service from every angle. Overall, it stands up well to such scrutiny. Not every customer reports a positive experience, but the vast majority do. It’s also telling that, where customers have left negative reports on Trustpilot and its ilk, National Funding has taken the time to respond individually to each person.
Many National Funding reviews speak highly of the service as a means of helping businesses to operate and/or grow. This is precisely what the company aims to deliver. Its small business loans, ranging from $5,000 to $50,000, are available quickly and easily, providing an alternative to more traditional business funding routes, and allowing business owners to respond more quickly to their changing needs. The provision of loans to bad credit businesses means that even those who have been turned down for other forms of funding may find it worth applying for a National Funding loan.